Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Quick Little Update!





Hey everyone! I’ve added a few pictures of Jordan and me before we saw Avatar in 3D IMAX in Hong Kong for Jordan's birthday, me with one of the Chinese-English teachers that I work with, Jacklyn, before a New Year program for the staff, and Jordan with some of his students before Christmas.

Jordan and I have been done with school for this semester for about a week now. Since Jordan teaches general studies, he had to give an actual paper exam, whereas since I’m only oral English I just had mini-conversations with my kiddos. Jordan and I have been grading his 300+ tests- and the best part is that the teachers don’t even want to give the students their actual test back, they just want the grades…what a waste of paper!! Oh China!

We’re about to start vacationing this Friday January 22nd. We’ll be heading to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and then to Thailand (Bangkok and Koh Tao island). While in Koh Tao, we’ll be getting scuba certified and can’t wait to dive in one of the top 10 dive spots!! We’re really excited!! Our friends Emily and Murray will be joining us as well. Can’t wait- just trying to get everything packed! When we get back from this trip, we’ll be around Shenzhen for a bit before heading to Guangzhou to teach at an English camp. I will be posting pictures when we return the first week of February!

*Oh and we’ve booked our tickets to come home! We’ll leave Hong Kong June 17th and arrive in Atlanta June 17th at 7 pm! Wahoo!* =)

Lots of love! –Tyler and Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment